CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
Abstract submission for TT2017 is now CLOSED. The abstract submission deadline was May 31, 2017 to be considered for oral presentations and June 28, 2017 for posters. If space is available after the deadline we may still take submissions for abstract posters. These abstracts will not be published in the meeting edition of Transgenic Research but they can be presented during the conference poster sessions.
Meeting registration by the presenting author is mandatory. All correspondence about abstracts will be in electronic form and only with the presenting author.
Guidelines for submission
- Presenting author should submit abstract during registration to help avoid duplicates.
- All abstracts must be submitted in English.
- Authors are responsible for the literary standard of submitted abstracts. Failure in the use of language may lead to immediate rejection of the abstract.
- Standard abbreviations do not need explanation. Otherwise abbreviations must be defined in brackets after their first mention in the text.
- Abstract can contain text only – graphs, pictures or formulas cannot be inserted.
- The abstract should briefly address the objective(s) of the work, material and methods, results and conclusion(s). They must allow for a scientific evaluation of approaches, methods and conclusions.
- Abstracts should be formatted for US Letter Size (8.5″ x 11″)
- The text of the abstract (excluding title, authors and affiliations) cannot exceed 400 words.
- All authors should be listed in this format: (First Name, Middle Initial, Last Name) Affiliations from all authors should be listed as footnotes below the author list (department, institution/organization, City, State, Country) Please do not use abbreviations in affiliate information.
- Do not number the pages
- Abstract submissions should be a .doc file
- Rename abstract file name prior to uploading to reflect presenting author as “LASTNAME_FIRSTINITIAL.doc”.
- If changes to your submitted abstract are necessary please contact us by email (email@example.com) at any time before the deadline. Please do not submit the abstract again.
There will be three broad categories at TT2017:
- New Technology
- Basic Science Breakthroughs
- Technique Refinements, Animal Welfare and Ethics
Submitting Your Abstract
Abstract submission will take place during the registration process. Files must be uploaded as a .doc file with a maximum file size of 10 MB. File names can not contain any special characters (alphanumeric characters only)
Since December 2014 the ISTT has had a 3Rs committee whose role it is to support and promote implementation of the 3R’s, both when developing and applying transgenic technologies. We believe that across our international organisation there are now a number of individuals making exceptional efforts to replace (partially or absolutely), reduce and/or refine their use of animals.
It is therefore our great pleasure to announce that for the first time at TT2017 the 3Rs committee/ISTT will be offering a 3Rs Prize sponsored by the National Centre for the 3Rs. To enter applicants are requested to check the box indicating that they would like to be considered for the 3Rs prize when submitting their abstract.
The winner will be invited to present his or her work during Session 6: Ethics & the 3R’s and receive a monetary award up to the value of £250.